The Liebster Award meme recognizes “new” bloggers to allow visitors to get to know them better. I’ve been blogging for two years on this page and seven on my family blog over at Life in the Big Cedars. Thank you, Cara Bristol for nominating me.
First, the rules
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Questions Cara gave to me:
- If you could invite five famous people (dead or alive) to dinner, who would you invite? J.R. Ward, Charlaine Harris, Stephen King, Jensen Ackles and Tom Osborne for my husband.
- What is a favorite childhood book? One book in particular doesn’t really stand out but two books I read as an adult that I should have read in my childhood are A Wrinkle in Time and Dandelion Wine.
- If you could change one thing about yourself now, what would it be? I would give myself more patience. I have NONE.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Eating more chocolate and reading more paranormal romance than is probably healthy.
- Would you ever consider running for public office? Heck. And No.
- Which is worse, to be stuck in a rut or to have one’s head in the clouds? To be stuck in a rut. No doubt about it.
- Name an accomplishment you feel proud of. Writing THREE books, finishing them and getting them all three published.
- How many jobs have you had in your life? Six. Grocery store carryout, Famous Barr retail sales, Waitress at Ryan’s Steakhouse, English Teacher, Thrifty Nickel Want Ads graphics designer and Donor Recruiter at a local blood center.
- How many brothers and sisters do you have? One brother who is 3 1/2 years younger.
- What is your greatest fear? Snakes. Why do there always have to be snakes.
- Name something you do for fun. I got a new kayak last summer. That’s pretty fun. I can’t wait to get it back on the water again.
Eleven random facts about me.
- I rode my bike 242 miles across the state of Missouri.
- I competed in an adventure race. I wasn’t last.
- I once won first place in my age category in a duathalon. I was the only one in my age category and came in DEAD LAST.
- I’ve been in 49 of our 50 states.
- I keep bees.
- I got perms for YEARS until I finally figured out 25 years ago that my hair was curly. Duh.
- All of my girl pets are named after flowers. All of the boys have been named after weeds or bugs. Except the guinea pig. He came to us inexplicably named Rex.
- I’ve been married for 24 years to the same man. I lived with him for four years before we got married and stalked him for two more.
- I REALLY want to go eat my way through Italy and drink my way through Ireland.
- The only way I would ever jump out of an airplane is if it was on fire.
- I always wanted to be a rock star but I can’t sing or play any instruments. So there’s that.
- What is your fantasy vacation
- Cats or Dogs?.
- What’s your favorite breakfast?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- What’s is the one thing you wish you could do over?
- If you could go back in time to your 18 year old self, what message would you give yourself?
- If you had a day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do?
- What advice do you have for someone who is new to blogging?
- What is one of your pet peeves?
- What are some of the challenges of pursuing your life as a blogger/writer?
And now I nominate Allison Merritt, Brenda Dyer, Rosalie Stanton, Wendy L. Curtis, Misty Simon.