This week’s selection is from Haunt My Heart, which releases on January 5, 2015. Haunt My Heart is the story of a hexed Civil War soldier who gets a second chance at life and love after he’s freed from a fetter in modern day Fredericksburg, Virginia.
In honor of Thanksgiving, I searched the manuscript for the word ‘thankful’ and came up with a random eight of the thirteen instances of my hero and heroine being ‘thankful’. Enjoy!
- Sarah’s face grew hot, and she was thankful for the cold air.
- She was thankful she wouldn’t have to experience the weather at all when she popped downstairs for a hot coffee and pastry.
- Despite his confusion and sudden thrust into this brave new world, he was thankful beyond measure to be out of the ring.
- For the first time since his reawakening, he was thankful he was not with body or appetite, for surely if he were he would find himself sick with the worry that roiled within him.
- She was thankful the two men hadn’t run into one another in the hallway.
- Sarah recoiled, thankful for the steel table between them and Agent Sykes’ quick hands on Falkner’s shoulders, which pulled him back farther to stall his advance and increase the distance from him.
- She was thankful her drapes were still closed, and she could walk around her apartment without fear of flashing the block.
- The repeated striking of the hammer echoed into the darkness, and Sarah was thankful Chatham Manor was still surrounded by rural landscape.
That’s all until next week, folks. Thanks for visiting.
Click on the WeWriWa link to check out the other participating authors. So many tasty samplings!
Want to read? Haunt My Heart is coming January 5, 2015 in ebook and print. Read a sneak peek here: Haunt My Heart First Chapter
A Civil War soldier is hexed and dies to save his men. Can he find true love to live again?
Sarah Knight has a job she’s good at, a quirky BFF and a boyfriend who’s bad for her. When Sarah unearths a Civil War artifact on a ghost hunt at Chatham Manor in Fredericksburg, VA, she brings home more than a souvenir.
Lieutenant James “Tanner” Dawson fought for the Union, working as a supernatural liaison for his Major General in a secret Masonic offset called the Brothers of Peril. When he’s hexed by a witch, he learns the only way to save his men is to die himself. But death is not the end. Awakening 150 years later, he knows if he wants to be corporeal again, he has to find true love to break the hex: a task no easier in 21st century than it was in the 19th.
Add it to your Goodreads WANT TO READ list here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23600981-haunt-my-heart
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up for blog updates and a ridiculously sporadic newsletter in the box at the top right of this page.